Why Do People Get Gray Hair?
As any mother knows, if you want to know how to avoid gray hair, don’t have kids! Just kidding, I wouldn’t trade the little monsters for anything, but stress is a very common cause of graying and thinning hair. Lessening your stress can potentially help keep you from going gray, for a little while at least.
The amount of grey you get as well as how early in life you get it, will be largely determined by your heredity. Some people in Austin and Avery Ranch just go gray earlier than others. To get a better idea of what nature has in store for you, look at your parents and see when they started to go gray.
Tips To Avoid Grey Hair
But other factors do play a part too, as I hinted at above. Here are a few things that you can do that may help you hold of the inevitable for a little longer:
Eat Nutritious Diet To Avoid Grey Hair
1. Never, ever forget that what you see on the outside is a direct result of what is going on inside. Take care of your body. Eating right, especially foods that are high in copper since that helps keep the pigment in your hair longer, foods like meat, yams, spinach and lima beans are good sources.
Also, never underestimate the importance of keeping your body fit by exercising and eating properly. Get plenty of sleep and drink enough water. All of this will keep your body operating properly which might help a little. It will certainly provide you with a higher quality of life, that’s for sure.
Quit Smoking To Avoid Grey Hair
2. Want to avoid gray hair? Quit smoking. Most know that smoking is bad for you but few people in Austin and Avery Ranch stop to consider the toll that cigarettes take on their appearance. Aside from creating more wrinkles and yellow teeth smoking can also cause your hair to go gray. Giving up smoking will help you look younger for many reasons: fewer wrinkles, nicer teeth and less gray.
Don’t Take Too Much Stress
3. I know I have already discussed this, but I want to go into more detail. Stress takes such an enormous toll on every aspect of of your body and your health that you simply must do anything and everything that you can to de-stress, even if it’s just a little.
Something as small as 20 minutes a few times a week where you do something relaxing can make a huge difference. Everyone is different and everyone has different ideas of what is relaxing. For some people in Austin and Avery Ranch getting a massage is a great de-stressor, others like to have a nice long bath with candles, still others may like to relax with a good book.
It doesn’t matter, just try to spend some time every week (every day is even better if you can find the time) where you can unwind, put away the phone, turn off the t.v. and simply relax.
It’s really not all that hard to learn how to avoid gray hair. While you don’t have complete control over when you will start to gray, your genetic makeup does have some say in the matter, there are some things you can do that can delay the graying process.
How To Avoid Thinning Of Hair – Natural Remedies Can Help
Change Hair Care Regimen
Before you pull out your wallet and buy some product you saw on late night t.v. last week, be aware that there are some simple lifestyle changes that you can do that may show you how to avoid thinning of hair. Everyone is different and the needs of everyone are different, so finding what works best for you may take a little trial and error, but it doesn’t have to leave you in the poor house.
There are many types of all natural products that have helped men throughout time keep their hair. These time tested methods are often much less expensive than man made alternatives and do not have all the negative side effects that many of the prescription drugs have.
Some of the most serious side effects from common hair loss prevention medications are acne, erectile dysfunction, growing of breasts (in men) and headaches. Wow, that’s a lot to put up with for a little more hair.
With many of the natural remedies it might take more time to begin to see results, but if you are patient and stick with it, virtually everyone will get some benefit. And you won’t have to worry about all the bad side effects. I think most men would agree that having a full head of hair is great but not if it means they are going to grow breasts!
Something as simple as doing regular scalp massages (which can increase blood flow to the scalp which in turn can promote hair growth) can make a world of difference, it feels good anyway and there are no bad side effects. What have you got to lose?
Before you go crazy on finding some “cure” make sure that your home and lifestyle are not actually the culprits. Most of us don’t realize just how toxic many of the products we use daily are to our bodies. Shampoos often come with sulfates in them which is an extremely harsh chemical and can cause a lot of problems all over your body, not just with your hair.
A lot of us live lives that are so stress filled it’s amazing we don’t all just keel over. Simple changes can help you greatly reduce the amount of stress you have in your life and that will help your whole body become healthier, not just your hair.
And of course, eating enough quality food, keeping your nutrient levels in balance, drinking enough water so you stay hydrated and avoiding things like smoking or drinking too much or too often will all help your body operate to it’s full capacity which will mean your hair will grow too.
Today we North Austin Family Health understand more than ever about the way our bodies function and that small changes can have a big impact on our overall health. We are also learning that man made drugs are not always the miracle they seem to be. More and more we are turning to natural remedies for common issues. If you want to learn how to avoid thinning of hair start simply. Small changes may make all the difference you need. Start there first.
How To Avoid Hair Loss – Dont Be Called Dome Head
Even though it is currently in fashion to be bald, for men at least, there are still many men and women who really want to know how to avoid hair loss. While a lot of hair loss is genetic and there are limited things you can do to prevent it, that doesn’t mean that you just have to accept it.
Causes Of Hair Loss
Sometimes it is something like a hormonal imbalance that can lead to hair loss. An imbalance of estrogen or testosterone can cause many problems in the body, hair loss is just one of them.
If caught early, and treated, it is not uncommon to not only stop the hair loss but possibly even reverse the loss that has already occurred. You may get back that full, lush head of hair that you have lost.
Hormonal imbalance can be caused by many factors such as stress, poor eating habits, environmental toxins, and smoking. Women have a greater tendency for hormonal imbalance due to their ever changing hormones due to menstrual cycles, menopause, pregnancy and child birth.
Trying to keep these fluctuating hormones in balance may be a challenge but there are some things you can do. One of the easiest things is to take a full spectrum multi – vitamin. This, along with eating a well balanced diet, can help you keep your body fed with the right amount of nutrients as well as help keep your body in balance.
Another thing that can help is to keep your hair clean. By using a gentle shampoo and not allowing the hair follicles to get plugged up with excess oils you can promote more growth and that will help you keep your hair full and lush.
Tips To Reduce Hair Thinning
Some other simple things you can do to keep your hair are:
1. Change shampoo’s. There are two reasons for this, for one thing many shampoos are actually made using harsh chemicals that dry out and damage your hair. It may not directly lead to hair loss but it can lead to damaged, dry hair that is thinner. Another reason to change shampoo’s is that if you are losing your hair, you can find a shampoo that helps thicken your remaining hair and can help improve hair growth.
2. De-stress, right now. Stress can take a terrible toll on many aspects of your health. It starts on the inside but it will work it’s way to the outside. Try to eliminate or at least lessen some of the things in your life that cause you stress.
If you have a high stress job there may not be much you can do about it, at least not right away, but you should be able to at least find some time everyday to spend just a few minutes and relax. Please don’t make the mistake of thinking that you have to spend hours at a time relaxing to get a benefit.
Even a few minutes everyday can make a huge difference in your stress level. Something is better than nothing at all.
You can fight heredity, at least slow it down a little bit, learning how to avoid hair loss can make it more of a fair fight. Use these simple tips to help keep more of your hair on your head and out of the drain.
How To Avoid Frizzy Hair – You Can Do It
This Summer Say Good Bye To Frizzy Hair
If summer time is your least favourite time of the year for the sole reason that you suffer from frizzy hair, than don’t give up. Help is on the way! Today more than ever their are products available that can help you get over your frizzy hair and not have to wear a hat all summer long. Learn how to avoid frizzy hair and start enjoying summer again.
In many cases frizzy hair is simply a by product of the hair care, or lack thereof, routine that you have. If your hair is broken and damaged it is more prone to get frizzy, especially when it is humid out.
Tips To Avoid Frizzy Hair
To help reverse the damage to your hair, and prevent further damage in the future, here are a few simple things you can do starting right now that will help you achieve healthier hair and less frizz:
1. Start with your shampoo. Some shampoos are just not that good for your hair, no matter what the commercials say. All you have to do is to look at the back of your bottle and read the ingredients. If your shampoo has sulfate in it, keep looking. Sulfates will dry your hair and damage it further.
2. To undo some of the damage you do to your hair every week, deep condition it at least once a week. Using coconut or jojoba oil can provide a deep penetrating hydration that your hair is dying for. If your hair has the proper level of moisture it is less likely to frizz.
3. When you step out of the shower, do not “rub down” your hair. It’s much better to gently pat it dry so you don’t break off the hair strands. This breakage can ultimately lead to frizz.
4. If you can avoid it at all, do not blow dry your hair. If you simply do not have the time to let your hair air dry than at least minimize the damage to your hair by using a diffuser on your hair dryer, this will help prevent tangles which cause breakage when you brush your hair.
5. Get trims frequently. Trimming off the damaged ends of your hair will lessen the damaged parts which in turn will lessen the amount of frizz you get.
6. Keep the blow drying, curling and dyeing to an absolute minimum. All of these things are very damaging to your hair. Even if you can’t avoid them altogether, at least cutting back on them, say by not blow drying your hair on the weekends when you aren’t pressed for time and don’t have to get to work, can help a lot.
Frizzy Hair Outlook
You don’t have to be sentenced for life to frizzy hair. Some simple day to day changes may be all you need to learn how to avoid frizzy hair. While these things may not completely get rid of the frizzy, they sure won’t hurt. The healthier your hair is, the less damage it will have and the smoother and less frizzy it will be. Do as much as you can to tame the mane that Mother Nature gave you.
Website: North Austin Family Health