Platinum Blonde: Do It Right Or Don’t Do It At All
A lot of people in Austin and Avery Ranch like the platinum, or white blond, hair color and would like to know how to achieve white blonde hair. This can be an attractive look on many people and with advances in hair dying processes it can be done without causing as much damage to your hair as it used to.
The First Time Do Not do this yourself
That’s not to say, however, that it won’t cause damage. Whenever you dye your hair you will damage the hair strands, it’s unavoidable, the best you can hope for is to mitigate the damage done by going to a professional and only using a top quality product. After you’ve gotten your color it’s also a good idea to trim the ends of your hair to remove as much of the damage as possible.
Do It Yourself
If a trip to the stylist is not in your budget, you can do it yourself at home (or better yet, get a friend to do it for you). This color does work best on anyone who is already light blond, or if you’re not, you can bleach your hair to remove the color than build it back up with platinum hair dye.
Simple Tips To Achieve White Hair
Here are some easy to follow steps to get the hair color of your dreams:
1. With rubber gloves on, mix the hair dye solution thoroughly. Make sure you get a smooth consistency.
2. It’s generally recommended that you start at the back of your head but that can get tough on your body. Just decide where you are going to start and comb the hair so it is tangle free. Pin up the sections of hair that you aren’t going to be working on right away.
3. Brush the dye into the hair from root to tip. Keep the coverage nice and even. Use the end of the applicator to separate sections of hair. Keep applying dye until you have even coverage all over your head (you may need to mix more dye, it’s usually not a bad idea to buy more than one. If you don’t need the second one and it’s unopened you can return it).
4. Loosely pile hair up and cover with the enclosed plastic cap and secure it in the front and set a timer.
5. Remove gloves and hair cover, rinse and shampoo hair.
6. In many cases you will be left with yellowish hair after the first dye, which is not what you were looking for. If this happens you will need to repeat the dye process for any sections (usually closer to the bottom of your hair) that are not a desirable color. This is extremely hard on your hair and if it can be avoided, like you are just being too critical, it should be.
Figuring out how to achieve white blond hair is not that hard, you can either dye it yourself (this shouldn’t be your first choice) or go to a professional and have it done by them. No matter which method you choose don’t forget that this hair color may be attractive but it is also hard on your hair.
How To Achieve Silver Hair – The Right Way
How To Get Silver Hair
Wait long enough and most of us will learn how to achieve silver hair, the only problem is that for most of us our hair won’t be a pretty, uniform silver colour. Most people from Austin and Avery Ranch will have areas of silver and areas of some other colour, maybe a few other colours.
Many people will cover their silver hair at first. They simply think that it makes them look old and they feel that they are too young to look that old. But in time, a lot of folks will realize that silver actually isn’t such a bad thing.
One of the greatest sex symbols of our time, Richard Gere, has had silver hair from a young age. Of course, women will argue that some silver is ok on a man, women will still find him attractive, but silver on a woman is a turn off to men.
That unfortunate double standard may or may not be true, I don’t know, but at some point most people in Austin and Avery Ranch simply get tired of having to color their hair and they want to let it go natural. Of course, the problem then becomes what to do if you hair isn’t completely silver yet. You don’t want to look like a patch work quilt.
For most people the best thing to do when you start getting quite a bit of silver gray in your natural hair color, but not quite enough to just let it go natural, is to go to your salon and have them dye your hair a beautiful silver / gray color.
Getting Your Hair Professionally Bleached
As with all hair coloring, if it is not done properly you will end up with a flat, dull monotone hair colour that is not only unnatural looking it’s also not attractive looking.
If you look at hair, no matter what color, it usually has several shades or highlights that make it shiny and “bright” looking. This effect is hard to achieve on your own at home, especially with silver gray hair. It’s best to rely on the professionals so your hair color is attractive and not dull or old looking.
Wait For Removing Older Hair Colour
The best thing to do is to determine a “start date”, figure out when you are going to stop dying your hair the colour it used to be, or the colour you wished it had been, and transform it into the natural silver gray color it is becoming. There may be some time between processes where your hair won’t look that great.
Once you have the older color out, either by growing out or by cutting it short enough that it’s out, you can go to your hair stylist and have them apply a pretty silver/ gray dye to your hair. This color will most likely be easier to maintain than the color you were using before if it is closer to what your natural hair color is.
Choose The Right Colour For Hair
The closer to your natural color the less noticeable the roots will be when it starts to grow out. That means less frequent hair colorings to “blend” the look (and that means less time and money on a hair stylist).
So, if you want to know how to achieve silver hair you basically have two choices: you can get married, have kids and wait, or you can go to see your hair stylist and have it colored! It’s up to you.
Website: North Austin Family Health